Haddon Heights Preschool Disabled Program with Opportunities for Inclusion
The lottery for the 2017-2018 school-year has been completed. Applicant families will be notified of their status no later than March 24, 2017. Completed application for selected families is due April 28, 2017.
Information and Application for 2017-2018
The Haddon Heights School District Preschool is a special education, special class program for students ages 3-5. The preschool accepts general education tuition students (application information below) to provide an inclusive environment which benefits the social and educational development of all children. The program is facilitated by the Special Education Department and taught by a Special Education Teacher and classroom staff who receive continued professional development and training. Each student is provided a low student to staff ratio to ensure individualized instructional teaching techniques and reinforcement of skills. For special education students, related services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech/language therapy are integrated into the daily classroom program, if determined appropriate by the student's IEP team. General education tuition students also take part in the related service provider's classroom lessons.
- Structured learning environment aligned with the New Jersey Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards
- Low student to staff ratio
- Inclusive environment which benefits both special education and general education tuition students
- Certified Special Education Teacher
- Classroom professional staff with training and experience in education and developmental needs
- Early exposure to the elementary school environment, staff, structure and routine
- Individualized instructional techniques and strategies to support students’ needs
- Community based activities and trips
- Participation in school school-wide activities, assemblies and events
- Class-wide lessons and activities facilitated by Speech and Physical Therapists
The Preschool Program operates, two half day, two hour and twenty-five minute sessions during the school year, following the regular school calendar.
Normal Day Schedule - 8:40 a.m. to 11:05 a.m.
District Half-Day Schedule - 8:40 a.m. to 10:10 a.m.
Snow Delay Schedule - 10:40 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
Normal Day Schedule - 12:35 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
District Half-Day Schedule - 10:55 a.m. to 12:25 p.m.
Snow Delay Schedule - 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.